A Break in Tide KAL (Knit-a-long) collaboration with iKnit7 and Tif Neilan. Kits to go on sale on Thursday 24 June.
We're doing it again! Join us for our 2nd Official iKnit7 Knit-Along, featuring "A Break in Tide" shawl by super talented designer, Tif Neilan.
We think that this shawl is the perfect pub-Summer-Layer-Up accessory for this Summer. Order Now for KAL start date of 16th July!
Which kit suits your colour scheme? FEMME, MOD or FUN?! We have carefully selected 3 different amazing yarns along with 3 diffent colour themes to suit a variety of tastes and budgets.
This 2-colour triangular shawl is constructed from the bottom up in sophisticated panels of garter stitch and modified Fisherman's Rib with slip stitch variations.
It might look like brioche, it might feel like brioche - but it ain't brioche!!
Your Kit Includes ALL of this:
- Invitation to ZOOM KAL Kick Off Party with all the iKnit7 Shop Owners and Tif on 16th July, 8pm BST
- Access to the Private KAL Facebook Group for the KAL
- FB live session with Tif where you can ask all your questions and get any technical help you might need
- Dedicated support
- Invitation to ZOOM KAL Show It Off Party at the end of the KAL, when we will celebrate our gorgeous new shawl, and a fun Giveaway! 27th August, 8pm BST
- Community feel-good vibes
- The Yarn! Enough to make the whole shawl.
- Hard Copy of the Pattern by Tif Neilan
- (Optional add-on) Exclusive iKnit7 Project Bag (while stocks last)!
- Epic prizes
These beautiful kits have been carefully chosen to meet the meterage requirements for this shawl based on full hanks sizes, should you end up with left overs, we've even thrown in an extra freebie: the Old Oak Toque pattern which you'll find in our exclusive Facebook group. Alternatively: Make more tassels!!!'
YARN & COLOUR OPTIONS:
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Splendor DK (Superwash Merino & Silk) FEMME: 'Lallybroch' & 'Millions of Peaches'
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Splendor DK (Superwash Merino & Silk) MOD: 'Band of Gold' & 'Dove'
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Splendor DK (Superwash Merino & Silk) FUN: 'Voyager' & 'Melon Balls on Fire'
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Sheepish DK (British Bluefaced Leicester) FEMME: 'Tink' & 'Old Town Cobblestone'
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Sheepish DK (British Bluefaced Leicester) MOD: 'Hocus Pocus' & 'Gorblimey'
- Ginger's Hand Dyed Sheepish DK (British Bluefaced Leicester) FUN: 'Girl on Fire' and 'Dove'
- West Yorkshire Spinners Croft DK (Shetland Wool) FEMME: 'Burrastow' & 'Skelberry'
- West Yorkshire Spinners Croft DK (Shetland Wool) MOD: 'Hillside' & 'Colsay'
- West Yorkshire Spinners Croft DK (Shetland Wool) FUN: 'Mailand' & 'Nista'
You will also need (not included):
- 5.5mm / US 9 circular needle (approx 24" and 40"), or size needed for gauge
- (Optional) Removable Stitch marker, to mark the RS of your work
- Tapestry needle for your ends
- (Optional) Tassel Maker
Approx 153cm (60") wingspan x 64cm (25") centre depth (pre-blocking)
17 sts x 33 rows = 10cm (4"), worked flat in garter stitch (pre-blocking)
Advanced beginner or intermediate - but don't worry - everything is easier during a KAL!