Designed to be used with our Maker’s Board, the handy Ruler and Gauge are also useful on their own. Magnets are embedded (without glue) in the back of each tool so they attach to the Maker’s Board, or any metal surface. In addition to measuring and checking knitting needle sizes, these tools can be used as straight edges on the Maker’s Board to help track patterns and charts. Plastic free, they are made of PLA (plant fiber, 100% biodegradable plant fiber, not water soluble) in a charming speckled linen colour.
- Ruler is 8” x 1” / 20 cm x 2.5 cm – with 3 embedded magnets
- Needle Gauge is 9.875” x 1.375” / 25 cm x 3.5 cm – with 4 embedded magnets
- Measures needle sizes US0-17 / 2 mm – 12 mm (including 2.5mm, 3mm, 7mm and 12mm that didn’t fit on our compact NEEDLE GAUGE)
- Made from 100% fiber waste called polylactic acid, which is made from fermented plant starch such as corn, beets or sugar cane. It is 100% biodegradable, not water soluble, and contains no plastic.
- The PLA is formed around the magnets, no toxic glue was used to secure them and they won’t come out!
How to Use:
- Insert your needle into hole that fits most closely. The smallest hole that your needle fits into is your needle size. If the needle is unable to be inserted, select the next size up, or if there is excess space, try the next size down.
- Attach to metal surfaces for storage or to hold papers.
- Use as straightedge on or off vertical surfaces.