Saturday 11 May @ 11am - 2pm with Katharine
Finishing like a pro! Would you like to learn how to finish any hand-knitting project with finesse? Book your place to learn the best techniques that will give your knitting a truly professional finish - seaming, sewing in ends, picking up stitches, buttonholes and blocking and pressing. To get the most out of the class, it's a good idea to have some knitting that's ready to be sewn up.
Techniques to be covered
- Sewing up - experimenting with a variety of seam types
- Sewing in ends
- 3 needle cast off
- Picking up stitches
- Button stands/buttonholes
- Blocking and Pressing
Skills required: to have knitted a few projects
- Set of 4mm double pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- DK yarn in two colours (small amounts needed so it's a chance to use up any leftovers)
- A few buttons
- 4 swatches in DK yarn - make each approx 10cm square (2 in stocking stitch and 2 in garter stitch)
Worksheets and patterns will be provided on the day.
If you have just completed a garment or accessory please bring it along and we can discuss the best way of finishing it.
Please note payment is required to book in to this workshop, and is non-refundable.