Sunday 28 October @ 11am - 2pm with Katharine
Finishing like a pro! Would you like to learn how to finish any hand-knitting project with finesse? Book your place to learn the best techniques that will give your knitting a truly professional finish - seaming, sewing in ends, picking up stitches, buttonholes and blocking and pressing. To get the most out of the class, it's a good idea to have some knitting that's ready to be sewn up.
Techniques to be covered
- Sewing up - experimenting with a variety of seam types
- Sewing in ends
- 3 needle cast off
- Picking up stitches
- Button stands/buttonholes
- Blocking and Pressing
Skills required: to have knitted a few projects
- Set of 4mm double pointed needles
- Yarn needle
- DK yarn in two colours (small amounts needed so it's a chance to use up any leftovers)
- A few buttons
- 4 swatches in DK yarn - make each approx 10cm square (2 in stocking stitch and 2 in garter stitch)
Worksheets and patterns will be provided on the day.
If you have just completed a garment or accessory please bring it along and we can discuss the best way of finishing it.