Join Amy of The Meaningful Stitch Podcast and Rebecca of Creabea Knitting Podcast for an easy and relaxed knitalong. I'll be participating myself, and decided to make up some kits for the occasion.
The KAL starts on the 5th of January, so it is something to look forward to right at the start of this New Year.
Use the hashtag #LetsLento on social media.
Lento is a simple and timeless sweater. It is knitted from the top down in the round with raglan increases. The yoke is shaped with short rows. After the yoke is completed, the work is divided into the body and sleeves, which are then knitted separately in the round.
EACH KIT CONTAINS
- PDF pattern for the Lento Sweater
- Ginger Twist Studio drawstring project bag
- A combination of 4ply wool and lace weight mohair silk (2 skeins of each for sizes, 1-3 or 3 skeins of each for sizes 4-9)
- FATHOMS BELOW: Ginger's Hand Dyed Leading Lady Lace 'Birdie on the Shoulder' & Ginger's Hand Dyed Splendor 4ply 'Voyager'
- POISON APPLE: Ginger's Hand Dyed Leading Lady Lace 'Poison Apple' & Ginger's Hand Dyed Sweet Flax 4ply 'Poison Apple'
- BRIGHTER THAN BARBIE: Ginger's Hand Dyed Leading Lady Lace 'Brighter Than Barbie' & West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply 'Milk Bottle'
- GORBLIMEY: Ginger's Hand Dyed Leading Lady Lace 'Gorblimey' & West Yorkshire Spinners 'Milk Bottle'
- MELON BALLS: Ginger's Hand Dyed Leading Lady Lace 'Melon Balls on Fire'' & West Yorkshire Spinners 'Milk Bottle'
1 (2, 3, 4, 5) (6, 7, 8, 9)
Recommended ease: approx. 5” / 12.5 cm of positive ease.
- Bust Circumference: 38.5 (42.75, 45.25, 48, 50.75) (55.5, 59.75, 63.5, 67.25)” / 96 (107, 113, 120, 127) (139, 149, 159, 168) cm.
- Upper Arm Circumference: 15 (16.5, 17, 18.75, 19.75) (20.75, 22.5, 23, 24)” / 37 (41, 43, 47, 49) (52, 56, 57, 60) cm.
- Length from Underarm to Hem: 10.5” / 26.5 cm or desired length.
- Sleeve Length from Underarm: 14.5” / 36.5 cm
Needles (not included): US 6 / 4 mm circular needles for ribbing, US 10 / 6 mm circular needles for St St. An extra circular needle for the provisional cast-on for the neckline.
Notions (not included): 5 stitch markers, tapestry needle, scrap yarn.
15 sts x 21 rows to 4” / 10 cm on 6 mm needles in St St, after blocking.