Rainforest is back for the 18th year and we are excited about the eight animals that have been picked this year! Opal use this range to donate 10% of profits to the rainforest!
Opal yarns are widely known for fanastically self-patterning sock yarn. Take a load of effort out of your sock knitting and use some self-striping! It just does it all on its own! This blend of machine washable wool and nylon is perfect for all you sock knitters out there. For a fun and durable wool, look no further than opal.
Made in Germany.
- 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon
- Weight: Sock/Fingering/4ply
- Recommended needles: 2.5mm
- Tension: 30sts x 32rows = 10cm
- Care: This yarn is machine washable on 40 degrees Celsius.
Opal's donation to the rainforest helps to:
- Stop the destruction of rainforest by companies and governments
- Preserve natural habits of human, animals and plants in the rainforests
- Promote respect for human and land rights for indigenous people.
- Support the victims (human and animal) of environmental destruction, hunting and expulsion
- Strengthen civil society in rainforest regions to fight injustice and environmental degradation
- Work with scientists to protect and research rainforests
- Educate politicians and consumers about environmentally damaging consumer behaviours.
Currently Opal has managed to raise 268,000 Euros for this cause.