A quintessentially seasonal colourwork hat featuring a striking snowflake design and an (optional) giant pompom.
You will need:
For hat body:
- 130m/142yds of MC in fingering weight/4ply wool
- 90m/98yds of CC in fingering weight/4ply wool
For (optional) large pompom:
at least 100m/109 yards of CC
- 2.5mm (UK 13-12/US 1-2) circular needle (or size to get gauge) in the following length: 1 x 40cm/16in
- 2.75mm (UK 12/US 2) circular needle (or size to get gauge) in the following length: 1 x 40cm/16in
- 2.75mm (UK 12/US 2) double-pointed needles (dpns) (or your preferred needles for working small diameters in the round) for finishing crown.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Stitch marker
- Pompom maker (if required) or scrap card for making pompom