The super cute yarn loving penguin, Pengwyn the Penguin is a quick knit and wonderful small winter companion
More details about the pattern itself:
- Yarn is held double throughout.
- The body is knit in one piece in the round.
- The body is stuffed before closing and finishing. The white chest is knit as a separate flat piece and sewn onto the body.
- The body is closed fully once eyes and beak have been attached and secured.
- The feet, wings and beak are knit separately and sewn onto the body.
- There are three hat options: solid color, striped and stranded colorwork.
- Ravelry download code is included
Skill level: Advanced beginner; comfortable knitting in the round.
- Knitting in the round
- Knitting with two colors at a time (optional for creating striped or stranded colourwork hat options)
- Seaming with Whip Stitch
- Knitting flat pieces
Height 6” / 15.25 cm
Circumference: 13” / 33 cm
Materials Required (not included):
Double knit wool (approx 370metres total)
- 5.0mm knitting needles for working small circumferences in the round (DPNs or Magic Loop)
- Darning needle
- Stuffing (approx 30grams)
- 10mm plastic safety eyes or buttons